Honeywell HHT-011 Compact Air Purifier Review
About the Product:
The Honeywell HHT-011 Compact Air Purifier offers low maintenance, effective air cleaning with a permanent HEPA-Type filter. The 3-stage filtration system first helps clean the air by using a washable pre-filter to capture large airborne particles. It then passes through the permanent HEPA-Type filter, capturing up to 95% of microscopic particles such as mold, spores, pollen, pet dander, smoke, and dust. The filtered air then enters an ionizer field providing extra cleaning and air freshening. Claims are from the air that passes through the filter.
• Compact tabletop air purifier for rooms up to 85 square feet in size, 120V A.C., 60Hz., 0.85A.
• Permanent HEPA-type filter captures up to 99% of mold spores, pollen, pet dander, smoke and dust
• Optional ionizer for extra cleaning power; washable pre-filter
• Nightlight feature provides soft illumination
• Measures 9.40 inches by 5.8 inches by 12.9 inches; 3-year limited warranty
|Honeywell Compact Air Purifier HHT-011|
• Compact Design
• Good for small bedrooms, living rooms, or apartments
• Filter can be vacuumed and pre filter can be washed. (Replacements are also available)
• Some customers have complained about the noise it makes. If you are sensitive to noise, it may not be a good option for a bedroom. Others have stated the noise is similar to a “white noise” and is soothing to sleep with while running.
Product Reviews from Customers:
• I have other ionic air cleaners, as well as one that requires a filter. This air purifier is quiet and due to its compact size, can be placed off the floor on a bookcase, dresser top or top shelf which makes it optimal for space-saving and placement. I don’t particularly like the noise from air filters and they have a tendency to keep me up.
After spending many dollars on replacement filters and new air cleaners when the filter is no longer made or easily available, this is a welcome addition with a permanent cleanable filter. I bought two of these, one for my bedroom and one for the living room. Set on low all of the time, it is great as it just sounds like a little white noise and is not noticeable most of the time. The optional ionic on and off switch, night light, as well as the automated light indicating that the filter should be cleaned is a BONUS besides the low price. So far, I am enjoying cleaner air in an old dusty house with 3 cats and 2 dogs…
• This is my 2nd air purifier – the other was a comparable model by Holmes. I learned from my first air purifier that you really have to leave it on all the time or the revolving motor will collect dust, not work as well or as quietly. If I don’t want it on constantly, I just put a clean towel over the top to prevent any dust/dirt from building up.
The noise level is acceptable to me, in an 8×10 room. I usually leave it on LOW, which sounds a bit like a fan on low speed, but MED is good too – it has a nice white noise effect. I only put it on HIGH if there’s a bad smell or lots of dust floating around (for whatever reason). HIGH is a bit loud for my taste. This machine tends to rattle a bit as it sits on my bureau, but a small towel underneath it took care of that problem. Also, give it time to warm up when you put it on. It starts off slowly, but works at full speed within a few minutes.
I have allergies and noticed a difference immediately when I got this model. My symptoms have improved greatly, even with 3 cats in the house. I would recommend it to anyone who has a small space, doesn’t want to buy new filters and is perhaps on a budget. Good machine at a decent price.
• I like to sleep with white noise, and the air purifier that I had required a new $20 filter every 3 months, so I was happy to get this model with a HEPA filter that needs to only be vacuumed. The outer filter is washable. This model has an ionizer (which I’ve read some bad stuff about) – but it can be shut off/has a separate control.
• Nice little air purifier — perfect for a bedroom. The two lower settings are very quiet….but I like the high setting to drown out all those nighttime noises!
• This Honeywell HHT-011 tabletop air purifier turned out to be just what I needed. It sits on a dresser in the bedroom. It is very stable, does NOT shake or vibrate, but produces a kind of “white noise” that is amazingly conducive to sleep (you can barely hear it on the lowest of the three speeds)we keep it on the medium speed.
The air is cleaner, we no longer sneeze upon waking, and I don’t need to dust as often. One of my main reasons for buying this product was that it has a permanent HEPA filter which can be cleaned and reused. (Our PREVIOUS air purifier was large-taking up too much floor space, it was too noisy, it was an electricity hog, and you needed to buy a new replacement filter as necessary – costing way too much to run.)
The Honeywell HHT-011 tabletop air purifier is compact, powerful enough to keep the room fresh and clean, easy and not expensive to maintain. I am very satisfied with this purchase and would highly recommend this air purifier.